[Swift-devel] new to swift

Sukhitha Jayathilake pr.jayathilake at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 06:25:58 CDT 2010

I am a undergrad student of the University of Moratuwa, Sri lanka and I'd
like to contribute to the development of the Swift project. I have browsed
through the Google Summer of Codes 2010 ideas and and like to implement the
idea listed as "Making the swift scripting system easy to install, evaluate
and learn on readily available computer sources"
http://dev.globus.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010_Ideas#Making_the_Swift_parallel_scripting_system_easy_to_install.2C_evaluate_and_learn_on_readily_available_computing_resources
I'd like to know whether this idea has been implemented yet, and if not How
can I start to contribute for it? I've already installed Swift and followed
the tutorials. What else should I do? You must know that I am fairly new to
open source development and very eager contribute. Any help is welcome. Many
thanx in advance.