[Swift-devel] SGE qstat and XML

David Kelly dk0966 at cs.ship.edu
Fri Nov 26 21:25:00 CST 2010

Hello,

As I was testing Swift with SGE I noticed that the qstat included in
newer versions of the Grid Environment was not being correctly parsed
by Swift, causing it to fail and exit prematurely. This was caused by
a change in the formatting of qstat output. Starting with Grid
Environment 6.0, qstat can output data as XML. I believe this should
provide a more consistent way to parse the data. Attached are my
changes for using and parsing XML. So far I've tested this on the
ibicluster and on my Ubuntu laptop with grid environment installed.

David