[Swift-devel] Hi all,

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 24 08:35:16 CST 2010

Chaturanga,

The only help we can offer to new or potential Swift users is help on specific problems or questions you have on using Swift.

If you send to the swift-user list specific Swift code that you have tried, and any errors Swift is giving you, list members will try to help as time permits. As with any user list, we can not guarantee you an answer in the time you need it.

Regarding Swift logging, you will need to understand how to use Java log4j to use Swift logging. Once you understand that, then logging can be controlled by settings in the property files in the Swift etc/ directory.

I am sorry, but I will not be able to answer any further questions unless they are specific enough and show that you have read the Swift documentation carefully, completely executed the tutorial examples, and have made an effort to debug any problems that occur - just as you would have to to learn any other new computer language. That takes a lot of work, and we can not do this work for you.

You need to work with your professor or teaching assistants to get guidance on how to complete your class project.

- Mike