[Swift-devel] Problems with karajan lists

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 11 16:28:41 CST 2010

I'm trying to append to a list multiple times, but when I try to append the second time, I get an error:

import("sys.k")
sequential(
  vec := list()
  append(vec,10)
  print(vec)
  //  append(vec,20)
  //  print(vec)
)

If I uncomment the 2 lines above, I get the error:

login1$ swift foo.k
[10.0]
[10.0, 20.0]
Ex098
org.globus.cog.karajan.workflow.KarajanRuntimeException: Illegal extra argument `[10.0, 20.0]' to kernel:karajan @ foo.k, line: 1
        at org.globus.cog.karajan.arguments.NameBindingVariableArguments.append(NameBindingVariableArguments.java:58)

Its almost as if append is not consuming its arguments and Karajan is finding extra stuff on the stack when it exits???

Can you help me understand what Im doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Mike