[Swift-devel] Use stable branch

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 9 09:10:25 CDT 2010

Hi All,

As you go through your start-up exercises, you should build Swift from source and use the stable branch. You'll find that running on multiple clusters over ssh to coasters with PBS (eg to run from bridled to PADS and TeraPort) only works in the stable branch.

Ive been pointing some of you to my modified stable branch:
  /home/wilde/swift/src/stable/cog/modules/swift/dist/swift-svn/bin
(put that at the front of your PATH)

This build has a few other fixes and some useful default properties. In the coming weeks we'll work to get these fixes out into either trunk and/or stable.