[Swift-devel] Re: Swift NMI B&T testing - how to add more users?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Jul 18 12:36:48 CDT 2010

> - how to clone the B&T tests you set up so that multiple Swift
> developers can manage them?  Does this require a B&T linux host login
> that is separate from the B&T web login? (I was unable to log into UW's
> system with my web login...)

I don't know anything about web logins for NMI - I only (as far as I know)
had a linux shell login.

The way I had it set up, the tests from SVN (at least ones which didn't
require credentials) were run regularly. If you wanted to add new tests
there then adding them to SVN would cause them to be run on the NMI
systems, in the same way as it would cause them to be run by other
developers who run the tests themselves on their own systems.

My home directory may still be in place on the NMI system, and I think I
probably told them that they could share the contents with anyone; if both
of those are true, you might be able to find all the scripts I had there.

Having multiple people edit files on the NMI machines - I guess the nmi
people have (or will create for you) some policy on that.

> - can you comment on the state of the "site" tests in the swift test dir?

It was hard to get those working reliably enough for them to be useful to
run - by that I mean that if one of the local tests failed, then it was
usually a problem that had recently been introduced into the swift stack;
but a site test failing was often because of a problem with the site. That
was a reflection of the difficulty on getting swift running and keeping it
running on many different sites.

You can look at the script to run the tests. Its probably useful. But the
actual site definitions are presumably very rotted.