[Swift-devel] svn co of cog keeps hanging

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 8 19:57:14 CDT 2010

Ive tried 3 times in the past few hours to do an svn co of cog, on 2 different MCS machines (login and vanquish).

In each case, the co runs fine for a while (few hundred files?) and then freezes.

I could only kill the svn command with a kill -9, and then it left the tree locked in such a way that svn cleanup couldnt clear the lock.

I think I've occasionally seen similar problems with checkouts of cog from sourceforge freezing.  Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is it common? Any suggested remedies?

Thanks,

Mike