[Swift-devel] Re: Hacking swift/karajan to fetch a job description

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 26 15:33:06 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 14:51 -0500, Zhao Zhang wrote:

> Mihael Hategan wrote:
> > On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 14:25 -0500, Zhao Zhang wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Mihael
> >>
> >> I am wondering where I can get the job description? I was trying to hack
> >> the _swiftwrap and disable file transfer in order to minimize the workload.
> >> Is there any way for me to do this while running with dryrun option of
> >> swift? Thanks.

Then you can modify execute-dryrun.k to print out all that stuff. Better
yet, make your own execute-zhao.k (or something) and plug it into vdl.k
(around line 46).

I.e. echo("tr={tr}, arguments={arguments}, ...").
"stagein" is a list of filenames, stageout is a list of [path, var]
pairs on each of which you have to do vdl:absfilename(vdl:getfield(var,
path=path)).

Look at the normal vdl-int.k for guidance.

Mihael