[Swift-devel] Re: Hacking swift/karajan to fetch a job description

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 26 14:47:32 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 14:25 -0500, Zhao Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Mihael
>
> I am wondering where I can get the job description? I was trying to hack
> the _swiftwrap and disable file transfer in order to minimize the workload.
> Is there any way for me to do this while running with dryrun option of
> swift? Thanks.

That seems to overlap with CDM. Can you be more exact about what you are
trying to do?

Justin has some ifs in vdl-int.k that can disable staging for select
files. Things are a bit different if you use provider staging. You can
also get the task object and that will contain the JobSpecification
which has all the arguments.

Mihael