[Swift-devel] Error messages and execution retries

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Aug 18 16:42:40 CDT 2010

> faster. And while we could automate that, it comes at a cost. We already
> have mechanisms to find out about errors as soon as they happen, and
> it's called lazy.errors=false and retries=0.

Right.

But I think there are 'ways' or 'modes' or 'fashions' of using Swift that
differ. (or 'use-cases' if you like that word). One is that you want
lazy.errors=false and retries=0. One is that you want non-lazy errors and
lots of retries. Presenting that choice to the user as two separate
parameters is not the friendliest way to do it.