[Swift-devel] cleanup fails on abe

wilde at mcs.anl.gov wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 15 14:04:02 CDT 2010

I see that the BG/P login hosts have netcat rather than nc.

- Mike

sur$ netcat -h
[v1.10]
connect to somewhere:	netcat [-options] hostname port[s] [ports] ...
listen for inbound:	netcat -l -p port [-options] [hostname] [port]
	-g gateway		source-routing hop point[s], up to 8
	-G num			source-routing pointer: 4, 8, 12, ...
	-h			this cruft
	-i secs			delay interval for lines sent, ports scanned
	-l			listen mode, for inbound connects
	-n			numeric-only IP addresses, no DNS
	-o file			hex dump of traffic
	-p port			local port number
	-r			randomize local and remote ports
	-s addr			local source address
	-t			answer TELNET negotiation
	-u			UDP mode
	-v			verbose [use twice to be more verbose]
	-w secs			timeout for connects and final net reads
	-z			zero-I/O mode [used for scanning]
port numbers can be individual or ranges: lo-hi [inclusive]
sur$