[Swift-devel] Re: Worker connection

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 13 12:20:25 CDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 12:13 -0500, Allan Espinosa wrote:
> So this is simply passed to the worker?  The "url" parameter is still the one
> used to spawn the service right?

Right. Using the URL worked the most reasonably, but some machines (like
Intrepid) would still fail with that (the external ip is not accessible
by the WNs). Also it doesn't work well when the URL is "localhost".

Btw, the way it is passed or whether it is passed to the worker, I don't
care about. A potential solution has flexibility to address the issue in
whatever way.