[Swift-devel] Worker connection

Jonathan Monette jon.monette at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 11:30:32 CDT 2010

Hello,
     How does the worker decide what connection to connect to?  Right
now what I think it does is it runs ifconfig and greps the inet address
and then test each of these connections.  Is this correct?  When I am
running on PADS it seems that the worker always chooses the wrong
connection to the service.  It seems to choose the UBS0 connection where
the correct connection is the ib0 connection.  Is there a way that maybe
the worker can be fixed to choose a better connection or the correct
connection?  This seems to be only happening on PADS.

--
Jon

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.
- Albert Einstein