[Swift-devel] Workflow Scheduling

Vipul Kumar Singh vipulkrsingh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 17:16:06 CDT 2010

hi,

I have used gridSim before. Its fairly easy to create new scheduling
algorithms and test the performance. It provides many example of simple
schedulers, one can start by modifying them and gradually build upon them.
It has a good set of example to get started pretty quickly.

About performance measurement, the toolkit generates a lot of log files at
user, resource and job level. For cases where these logs are not sufficient
I wrote the data, during execution, into custom logs files in csv format and
later generated graphs.

The toolkit provides a lot of scope for creating simulation environment and
various scenarios can be simulated without much effort.

Thanks
Vipul