[Swift-devel] block allocation

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 27 17:30:04 CDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 16:49 -0500, Zhao Zhang wrote:

> Mihael Hategan wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 16:31 -0500, Zhao Zhang wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Mihael
> >>
> >> I did a clean run of 100 scip jobs on ranger. (scip is a new application
> >> from MCS).
> >>

> > And?
> >
> I need your help to make sure coaster is working as expected.

Did the workflow finish successfully? I'll assume "yes", since you
didn't mention any errors, but it would be useful to state such things
from the start.

As far as it working as expected, I have more confidence in the workings
of the algorithm itself than in the ancillary stuff. In other words, if
you don't see errors/restarted jobs or stack traces in the logs, it's
likely that things are fine.

> >> The log is at /home/zzhang/scip/ranger-logs/coasters.log
> >>

> > [hategan at communicado ~]$ less /home/zzhang/scip/ranger-logs/coasters.log
> > /home/zzhang/scip/ranger-logs/coasters.log: Permission denied
> >
> try now.

[hategan at communicado ~]$ date
Wed May 27 17:26:51 CDT 2009