[Swift-devel] Swift-issues (PBS+NFS Cluster)

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed May 13 11:25:34 CDT 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009, Ben Clifford wrote:

> > Since each Amazon virtual node only has limited storage space( Small instance
> > for 1.7GB, Large Instance for 7.5GB), we may need to use EBS(Elastic Block
> > Store) to storage temp files created by swift. The EBS behaved like a hard

For many applications, 1.7G is a very large amount of data.

7.5G of storage for your shared filesystem and 1.7G for worker node
temporary files seems like a lot to me.

So I think its important to clarify: do you want to use s3 because you
think it solves a storage problem, and if so, does that problem really
exist now? or do you want to use s3 because it is an interesting thing to
play with? (either way is fine, but I think it is important to clarify)