[Swift-devel] Condor-G test on UJ-OSG site

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu May 7 12:30:47 CDT 2009

On Thu, 7 May 2009, Zhao Zhang wrote:

> Job-Manager, we have several ways to declare it:
> <jobmanager universe="vanilla" url="tp-osg.ci.uchicago.edu/jobmanager-pbs"
> major="2" />

<jobmanager url="A"/> means about the same as:
<execution provider="gt2" url="A"/>

So then your choice is either <jobmanager> or <execution> but not both.

When you use provider="gt2" you are using direct GRAM submission from
Swift.

When you use provider="condor" you are submitting to a condor running on
the local system, and by using the gridResource profile you are indicating
that the local condor should submit to some remote GRAM system.