[Swift-devel] Condor-G test on UJ-OSG site

Zhao Zhang zhaozhang at uchicago.edu
Thu May 7 12:26:33 CDT 2009

Hi, Ben

Ben Clifford wrote:
> On Thu, 7 May 2009, Mihael Hategan wrote:
>

>> So I think the problem there might be "jobmanager-condor" which should
>> probably be "jobmanager-pbs" or otherwise something is broken with the
>> site.
>>

> Yes its PBS.
>
> Zhao, are you basing your sites file on the output of
> swift-osg-ress-site-catalog?

I am basing on swift-osg-ress-site-catalog in most of the cases. I am
still confused on the roles of each component in the sites. I need some
time to understand them.

GridFtp, I know it. <gridftp  url="gsiftp://tp-osg.ci.uchicago.edu" />
Job-Manager, we have several ways to declare it:
<jobmanager universe="vanilla"
url="tp-osg.ci.uchicago.edu/jobmanager-pbs" major="2" />
<profile namespace="globus" key="gridResource">gt2
iogw1.hpc.ufl.edu/jobmanager-condor</profile>
Execution Provider, <execution  provider="condor" />

I am confused of the roles of Job-Manager and Execution Provider, say we
have pbs as job-manager, then I am assuming swift will submit jobs
through GRAM to PBS, then PBS request resource then run the jobs.
In this case why do we need a Execution-Provider? What does it do?

zhao