[Swift-devel] How does swift know if a task is successful

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Mar 18 07:51:33 CDT 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Zhao Zhang wrote:

> exactly, currently, we are building a collective IO system on BGP, so CIO will
> take
> care of stage out results.

Is it possible to interface between Swift and your work more cleanly?

(maybe, for example, by doing something with the cog file transfer
provider API)

Hacking essential pieces of the Swift code out feels really unpleasant,
and will pretty much definitely break some functionality, which will cause
you trouble later on if you try to run arbitrary SwiftScript programs.

When we sat down in November/December, it sounded like you wouldn't need
to do anything like this to make the CIO stuff work with Swift; so I'd be
interested in more explanation/discussion about what the CIO work looks
like now.