[Swift-devel] hprof profiling of coaster services

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 19 19:53:47 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 18:30 -0500, Allan Espinosa wrote:
> here's a script recording without profiling of top:
>
> http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~aespinosa/top_vanilla.gz
>
> it still consumes some cpu. but does not spike to 200% utilization.

Right, 10% != 200%.

Now, as you're probably already guessing, I would need:
1. a situation (workflow/site/etc.) in which the usage does go crazy
without the profiler (as in what triggered you getting kicked off
ranger); repeatable
2. a profiler dump of a run in such a situation

Btw, the ranger issue, where was swift running?