[Swift-devel] Re: swift testing of gram5 on teraport

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 19 11:17:04 CDT 2009

On 6/19/09 11:02 AM, Stuart Martin wrote:
> On Jun 19, 2009, at Jun 19, 10:54 AM, Michael Wilde wrote:
>
>> We'll find a way to do this, STu, but it may go a little slower than
>> desired due to heavy multi-tasking in the group.
>>
>> So you should push forward to get it testable, thats step zero I think.
>
> I am pushing forward with groups where there is someone to drive the
> testing.  For example, Jaime Frey is testing gram5 with condor-g.  CMS
> will be doing some testing in early July.  Then there is the swift
> testing...

Stu,

I would suggest not to delay on getting it installed where we can test
with swift. My prior comment was based on a poor initial guess of whts
involved. But that's your call; when its installed where we can run
Swift jobs, we'll test it.

Eg: we are running 2 apps on Firefly at the moment. if you can get it
installed there, we can test on it even simpler than we are testing over
Condor-G.

Do you have a way to capture gatekeeper stress during such tests?

- Mike