[Swift-devel] How to set .soft and env to run condor on TeraPort?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 18 16:44:03 CDT 2009

Hi,

Swift users need to run the condor-g client in order to send jobs to OSG
sites from a Swift script.

Can you tell us how to set .soft and env so that condor_submit to "grid"
universe works?

We've had all sorts of problems in getting this to work well:

- the version of condor client code on communicado is too new to run
with Swift.

- On teraport, it seems difficult to get the right settings of .soft
entries and setup.sh scripts to work corrcetly together

- I still dont know if what worked for Zhao on tp-osg a month ago still
works. It seems not to, and I cant tell if its because of a change in
.soft or env settings, or some other software issue

- We would like to run from Teraport compute nodes with qsub -I, and
hope that whatever we determine to be the right settings for login nodes
work on interactive compute nodes as well.

- It would be good *not* to run on tp-osg.

Suchandra, Ti, or Greg, can you help us sort out how to set things
correctly?

Tanks,

Mike