[Swift-devel] Fwd: [gram-user] GRAM5 Alpha2

Stuart Martin smartin at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 29 10:25:54 CDT 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at Jul 28, 7:26 PM, Michael Wilde wrote:

> Stu,
>
> Glen Hocky has started testing a protein folding app called "OOPS"
> on QueenBee under GRAM5. Initial tiny sanity tests look good; we'll
> move on to running 100+ job runs, then larger.
>
> We needed to figure out how to get Swift to use all 8 cores of the
> QueenBee compute nodes, which we did.
>
> Now we can start scaling up. Glen hopes to test more there shortly.
>
> So far, no problems; no observed differences (in interface) with the
> new GRAM.

Cool.  Let's see how things go as you ramp up.  I want to keep track
of GRAM5 application use cases and test results as I get them.

I took a stab at what I think is happening for this OOPS application.
I'm not sure if it is accurate, please take a look.
http://dev.globus.org/wiki/GRAM/GRAM5#Application_Testing

Then I'll need the details of one of the larger test runs that is done.

> Any chance of getting GRAM5 on the firefly host at UNL?

Yea, I (we) can ask.  But, maybe it makes sense to get some success
with using gram5 on queen bee first and then we ask Brian and say
look, we'd like/need gram5 installed there for testing?  Looks like
Firefly is running moab, so it would use the gram pbs adapter like
queen bee.

There is a CMS OSG effort going on now with Igor and Jeff Dost.  But
regardless, the more testing/deployments the better.