[Swift-devel] a note on running coasters on osg's RENCI Engage site

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Jan 26 12:43:10 CST 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Allan Espinosa wrote:

> So in the current setup, the coaster service only binds to the public
> address of the head node and not all the network devices?

The problem I had is not that where it is binding to, but where it is
telling workers to connect back to.

Head node launches a worker, telling it its own IP address[*].

Worker starts and connects to the IP address of the head node that it has
been told, in order to start receiving work.

In the RENCI Engage case, the head node is telling the workers the wrong
IP address, in as much as it is an IP address that is inaccessible from
workers.