[Swift-devel] Re: fun with osg [Swift-devel Digest, Vol 23, Issue 12]

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 16 08:30:49 CST 2009

I'm assisting a UChicago application group that we work with (Open
Protein Simulator, OOPS application) to run on OSG, initially in the
Engage VO.

I've read this thread and a related one, and was wondering is you can
send an update on the following issues:

- where to obtain Mats's script to generate sites.xml for Engage?

- can that script be run for other VOs such as OSG, OSGEDU?

- has progress been made on running coasters on OSG?

- what are good settings for Swift without coasters to avoid overheating
head nodes in the absence of Swift gridmonitor support?

- what's the status of the swift-devel thread "Swift-devel] jobs that go
active forever, and their effect on multisite osg runs" - any resolution?

- any other tips for OSG swift users?

I think that it would be good to collect OSG info in the swift User
Guide under
"http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/userguide.php#localhowtos"
I'd be willing to help with that.