[Swift-devel] dataflow dependencies for mapper params and declaration assignments

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sat Jan 10 14:39:24 CST 2009

I finally overcame my paranoia about breaking the core of Swift and
committed the last of my changes to make dataflow dependencies work for
mapper parameters and combined variable declarations/assignments.

this makes some things in Swift that seemed logical to do but didn't
actually work now work - there's no change to the description of the
language.

Previously mapper parameters had to be defined "early" (that is, the
runtime needed the values of the parameters to be defined by the time it
happened to encounter the mapper initialisation); and variables whose
values were assigned in the same statement as they were declared likewise
needed their values to be defined byt he time the runtime encountered
those declarations. Behaviour when those values were not properly defined
by the time they were encountered was somewhat random.

This should now be fixed.

However, if you see things not working pthat used to work, post here.