[Swift-devel] pmd

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 11:31:53 CST 2009

In my ongoing adventure with build/test/analysis tools, I ran PMD on the
swift source code. I used the unused code and unused import report to
remove a bunch of unused code from the source,. I just ran a test with
almost all rulesets enabled, which gives 8000 comments on the swift source
code.  A bunch are stylistic coments that I don't particualrly agree with
(such as on teh use of single-character variable names), but if anyonei s
interested in having a browse, here's the report:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/tmp/pmd.html
The source code lines in this report are against r2606