[Swift-devel] Problem using @extractint() on derived file

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 24 15:24:21 CST 2009

The file doesnt exist - its created in the script, and hence I would
expect it to be placed back in the dir that I ran swift from.

(But Ive been testing further, in my original scripts, and am seeing
confusing results, so I need to sort out and isolate.

I do this "y=f(x); rc=extractint(y)" pattern in a loop, thus I needed to
make the file name unique (else I get the "file already in cache"
error). So I switched to an anonymous file, and then started getting the
"no such file" error.

Whats confusing is I may have seen a csae similar to whats below that
did work, so I need to do more testing to isolate when it works and when
it fails.

Can you duplicate the failure with the simple script below?

- Mike