[Swift-devel] absolute path

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Feb 20 17:30:25 CST 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Zhao Zhang wrote:

> I found that in the latest swift code, the task description is using absolute
> path like this:
> /bin/bash /tmp/sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a/shared/wrapper.sh sleep-hoyn8x6j
> -jobdir h/o -e /bin/sleep -out stdout.txt -err stderr.txt -i -d  -if  -of  -k
> -a 30
>
> I mean the "/tmp/sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a/shared/wrapper.sh" part.
> Is there an option that we use relative path? thanks

yes, that's a change made recently because I discovered that some sites do
not respect the initial working directory specified in job submissions.

In the rest of this thread, you don't clearly describe *why* you want a
relative path - you're clearly trying to achieve some higher goal but it
is not clear what.