[Swift-devel] absolute path

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 20 17:15:40 CST 2009

----- Zhao Zhang <zhaozhang at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Mihael Hategan wrote:
> > ----- Zhao Zhang <zhaozhang at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> so, in the old version instead of
> >> "/tmp/sleep-20090220-1646-7vdlcg0a/shared/wrapper.sh"
> >> it is like this:
> >> "shared/wrapper.sh"
> >>
> >> by this I mean it is a relative path.
> >>

> > Yes, of course, but relative paths are in respect to something. In
> > other words, where do you want it to end on the remote site?
> >
> This is fine. I just made a change in the worker code, and it could
> dynamically work with both cases.
> >
> >> I got another question about using signal notification instead of status
> >> files,
> >> as I remembered, there is an option in one property file for that,
> >>

> > Have you tried swift.properties?
> >
> yes I tried, but I didn't find it.

You should probably do an SVN update and look at the end of that file:

# Controls how Swift will communicate the result code of running user programs
# from workers to the submit side. In files mode, a file
# indicating success or failure will be created on the site shared filesystem.
# In provider mode, the execution provider job status will
# be used. Notably, GRAM2 does not return job statuses correctly, and so
# provider mode will not work with GRAM2. With other
# providers, it can be used to reduce the amount of filesystem access compared
# to files mode.
#
# status.mode=files