[Swift-devel] coasters on UC teraport with head job running on a worker node

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 6 13:04:49 CST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 12:58 -0600, Michael Wilde wrote:
> It seems the one-liner alone might get past the managed-fork rejection
> of newlines, but perhaps not sufficient to deal with the separate-arg
> issue in the gram thread that Ben indicated.
>
> and its not clear yet if the fix indicated in that thread also fixes the
> newline issue.
>
> also the fix may take a while to propagate across OSG, so a fix thats
> independent of jobmanager would still be nice if thats possible, but if
> its more than a few more hours of fiddling, perhaps not worth it.

I'm open to suggestions, but it seems like the only reasonable choice is
to wait for that fix.

> If I can run a swift script with coasters nicely, on a set of OSG PBS
> sites, and on a set of TG sites, that would be sufficient, I *think*,

I like the idea of running the service on a worker node. However, I like
the idea of zero configuration even more. So if there is a conflict, I
will favor the latter (unless, of course, the service-on-worker-node
thing can be done seamlessly).