[Swift-devel] coasters on UC teraport with head job running on a worker node

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 6 12:58:40 CST 2009

It seems the one-liner alone might get past the managed-fork rejection
of newlines, but perhaps not sufficient to deal with the separate-arg
issue in the gram thread that Ben indicated.

and its not clear yet if the fix indicated in that thread also fixes the
newline issue.

also the fix may take a while to propagate across OSG, so a fix thats
independent of jobmanager would still be nice if thats possible, but if
its more than a few more hours of fiddling, perhaps not worth it.

If I can run a swift script with coasters nicely, on a set of OSG PBS
sites, and on a set of TG sites, that would be sufficient, I *think*, to
wait and see how long it will take for the Condor jobmanger fix to
propagate.

So one approach is:
- polish up and integrate the coaster-service-on-workernode patch
- test same code on a whitespace-fix-patched condor system
If this combination works on all non-condor JM's and the fixed Condor
JM, call it done.
- (we) test the app-finding fixes (java, wget etc) on more systems in
meantime

Is that a reasonable route?

- Mike