[Swift-devel] coasters paths (was Re: Coasters failing on Teraport - cant find Java?)

Allan Espinosa aespinosa at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Feb 5 14:18:39 CST 2009

Hi Mihael,

Tried out cog r2273 against swift r2486

The GRAM environment in Ranger has some stty permission errors.  So
the coasters can't initialize the paths when it attempts to create a
"login" session

from the remote site:
/share/home/01035/tg802895/.globus/job/gatekeeper.ranger.tacc.teragrid.org
login4$ ls
login4$ ls
8851.1233864730
login4$ cd 8851.1233864730/
login4$ ls
stderr  stdout  x509_up
login4$ cat *
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
http://communicado.ci.uchicago.edu:50002: line 36: eval: --: invalid option
eval: usage: eval [arg ...]
Failed to download bootstrap jar from http://communicado.ci.uchicago.edu:50002
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

from submission site:
Progress:  Failed:1
Execution failed:
        Could not initialize shared directory on RANGER
Caused by:
        org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.file.FileResourceException:
Failed to start coaster resource on
gatekeeper.ranger.tacc.teragrid.org
Caused by:
        Could not start coaster service
Caused by:
        Task ended before registration was received.
STDOUT: Failed to download bootstrap jar from
http://communicado.ci.uchicago.edu:50002
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
stty: standard input: Inappropriate ioctl for device
http://communicado.ci.uchicago.edu:50002: line 36: eval: --: invalid option
eval: usage: eval [arg ...]

STDERR: null

I guess the best approach is create an environment agnostic http get
request.  From the standard Java network packages perhaps?

-Allan