[Swift-devel] Re: [Swift-user] gsiftp filesystem mapper removes leading slash

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Feb 3 17:37:21 CST 2009

Moved from swift-user

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Allan Espinosa wrote:

> Oh i see.  now I'm getting NullPointExceptions:
> database pir[] <filesys_mapper;location="gsiftp://gridftp.ranger.tacc.teragrid.org//work/01035/tg802895/pir",
> pattern="UNIPROT_for_blast_14.0.seq*">;

I can recreate the same stacktrace you see, against my directory on
teraport. The below change makes it go away for me.

Get a clean fresh source tree, then:

 $ cd cog
 $ wget http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/tmp/ftpbug-1.patch
 $ patch -p1 < ftpbug-1.patch
 $ ant redist

And try that.

Probably you should keep a copy of your source tree before applying the
patch so that you can easily get rid of it.