[Swift-devel] feature request

Mats Rynge rynge at renci.org
Wed Apr 29 11:12:14 CDT 2009

Zhao Zhang wrote:
> Hi, again.
>
> Now I have two sites.xml for renci-engagement. The first one is working,
> while the second is not. The second sites.xml is generated by the script.
> Since the only difference between the first and the second is the
> <workdirectory> value, I am assuming the error is caused by the
> <workdirectory>.
> If this is true, how could I find all valid <workdirectory> for all
> sites on OSG?

The work directory will depend on what VO you are a member of. If you
are using your Engagement certificate, the second config should work.

Also note that using $HOME (like in the first example) is not a good
idea. Most sites on OSG, RENCI-Engagement included, have quotas for
$HOME. So, a workflow using more than 5GB of disk with the first config
will fail.

Mats Rynge
Renaissance Computing Institute <http://www.renci.org>