[Swift-devel] condor-g version sensitivity in swift 0.9rc2

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Apr 23 16:36:39 CDT 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> - does this rev let us now use condor-g to run more jobs on a GRAM-2 site that
> we could before?

It lets you send a bunch of jobs to condor-g and let condor-g handle load
management, as OSG prefers. If Condor-G submits more jobs then yes; but in
my relatively short testing, I haven't seen it be particularly
enthusiastic about sending in large numbers of jobs. However, it gives me
more confidence for the future about testing larger loads on OSG because
Swift can use the OSG recommended mechanism, rather than a mechanism that
is specifically disrecommended.

> - does it work with coasters, or are further mods needed for that?

Probably not though I have not tried it. What I think is likely to break
is, I think, straightforward plumbing work, not some great conceptual
design problem, so I think if someone actually pays attention to making it
work, it should not be too hard. In the end, it looks mostly like regular
gram2 execution.