[Swift-devel] Planning next set of Swift features and releases

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 22 09:07:25 CDT 2009

We have, minimally, a funded and still unmet charter from CNARI to do
real provenance and get it in use in HNL.

And we have a live and growing user group in OOPS who can benefit from
provenance as I stated on the list in the past week or two. (and who in
fact has built a simple web interface to view swift results)

On 4/22/09 8:51 AM, Ian Foster wrote:
> If no-one is using these things, then perhaps we should not be doing them.

No one can use them till they exist.

> I myself think they are really important, and so hope that we would
> instead get people to use them. But if Mike can't get people to use
> them, then maybe we decide they are unimportant.

See above.