[Swift-devel] Coaster capabilities for release 0.9

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 21 21:11:26 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 21:03 -0500, Ioan Raicu wrote:
> I don't want to through Falkon back in the mix, but Falkon does have
> an emulator as well, that can probably do the simulation of multiple
> clusters as you said you wanted. This is assuming Coasters will run
> over Falkon,

I think it's a matter of saying "deef" instead of something else in the
provider.

>  and you need significant effort to implement it in Coaster or a fake
> provider.

I think a provider to simulate running a task is probably not the
difficult part. More difficult may be a mechanism to compress time, such
that a 1 hour job will run in a snap, while a two hour job will run in
two snaps.

I'll let you know as I get a better idea formed in my head.