[Swift-devel] Coaster capabilities for release 0.9

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Apr 21 11:28:18 CDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> Which of these can make it into 0.9? (I would like see 0.9 have a highly
> usable coaster release with a converging set of capabilities. I would
> argue to delay 0.9 by up to 2 weeks to get it in, if needed enhancements
> are close)

A 0.9 release candidate has already been made. Bugs would have to be
fairly serious in order to prevent me releasing it.

Coasters, as an in-development feature, not a production-quality feature,
pretty much shouldn't get to stop or delay releases unless they are
substantially worse than swift 0.8 coasters.

Post 0.9rc2 changes will end up in the next swift release, which should be
roughly 8 weeks after the 0.9 release. That is not so long to wait.

If there is likelihood that the advice from now onwards until that next
release will be "download the latest svn" to coaster users, then there is
little point in putting coaster changes into a release.