[Swift-devel] Avoid copy of local files to work directory?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Apr 19 10:10:51 CDT 2009

I once implemented a patch to give that behaviour, and sent to this list.

I think it probably either still works or almost still works, if you can
find it in the swift-devel archives.

It was never benchmarked. Mostly I would be concerned about the overhead
of creating the links being roughly the same as actually copying the data,
so I think it would be important to get decent run logs from both
approaches that can be compared.

Whilst you are busy googling for that patch, it might be interesting to
see a log file (including -info wrapper logs) for a large run with Swift
as it is now, to see what the actual breakdown of times is in an
individual job.