[Swift-devel] feature request

Glen Hocky hockyg at uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 15 13:49:57 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone,
While I'm thinking of it, one problem I had using coasters on multiple
TG sites is that jobs would commit themselves to a site at the beginning
of the run. This was a problem because all of the jobs would finish on
one machine while jobs for the other machines were sitting in a queue. I
know you may have considered this before, but an option to select a
site/coaster for a single job only when one is available would be very
useful for us (note: we aren't too worried about overhead in not
pre-setting up files and directories because our jobs run > 10 minutes,
usually closer to an hour).

Glen