[Swift-devel] Re: swift + condor-g

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Apr 13 15:01:23 CDT 2009

It has more serious problems (as in problems that stop it working for me
entirely) that are perhaps more important to address. The changes I made
to get it going with condor-g (but some are to make it work with
condor-anything) are in here:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/tmp/condor-g.patch

In summary what I changed to make it run at UJ are:

 * exit code handling - the in-SVN version expects an exit code file to
appear but never gets one. the patch removes that expectation - I haven't
looked enough to see if it returns exit codes properly or not because
Swift doesn't care.

 * LeaveJobInQueue needs to have no + at the start of it (I can't find
much clear documentation about this on the condor web site)

 * quoting is kinda screwy (as seems traditional with condor) - what
breaks running first.swift is for an empty argument, he preent quoting
behaviour makes the swift wrapper look forinput file called "" rather than
taking no input files.

The patch above contains some other mess, as well as the changes I made to
get it to submit to the OSG CE at UJ.