[Swift-devel] Re: replication vs site score

Ian Foster foster at anl.gov
Thu Apr 9 06:27:31 CDT 2009

Hi,

I wanted to point out that when we use Falkon/coasters, we have full
control over scheduling, so in that case we could in principle pre-
compute schedules. However, in practice we still don't tend to have
enough information about execution times for this to be that useful.
At least that's my belief.

I assume that estimates of queue time bounds would surely be helpful
for determining where to send things, and whether a job was stuck.

Ian.