[Swift-devel] Re: Probing running jobs

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sat Apr 4 17:21:44 CDT 2009

On Sat, 4 Apr 2009, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> It won't start you in the job directory, but the swift workflow
> directory. That's because at some point we stopped using the GRAM
> directory attribute for setting the initial job dir because some silly
> site on OSG doesn't honor it. I think we should revisit the issue (I
> suspect there is a solution that works in both cases).

I think that has not been the case since at least before the CI SVN
started to be used.

The first mention of specifying a directory attribute for task:execute in
execute2 was r127, which specified wfdir. Before that, no directory was
specified at all.

The job directory has seemingly always been passed as a parameter of one
kind or another to the wrapper script.