[Swift-devel] swift guts doc with many diagrams and graphs

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon Oct 13 01:05:00 CDT 2008

I started writing this document:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/~benc/tmp/plot-tour/plot-tour.html

Its an attempt at presenting how the internals of Swift work to someone
who is not interested in the minor details of the code but still would
like some undestanding of what is going on, for example to understand
performance graphs or to help when debugging execution problems.

So the target audience is probably people around the level of skenny or
Zhao.

It is most definitely not a swift introductory tutorial - I present swift
programs without any instruction on what they do or how to run them.

I intend to produce further sections on other layers within Swift, but I
would be interested in any feedback on the general style/structure of the
first two sections (on the execute and execute2 logs)