[Swift-devel] discussion for swift output file path

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Nov 6 18:51:00 CST 2008

The wrapper does not necessarily put all output files in one directory.

It puts them in a directory structure reflecting the submit-side directory
structure. For example, if you map a file "a/b", it will end up in the
shared directory as shared/a/b

This is exposed to the user, though, rather than being hidden as with the
other uses of subdirectories.

There are a few places throughout the source code where its assumed that
the path locally and remote path are basically the same (modulo base
directory). I think its probably fairly straightforward to make it use
different names, thoughLook for lines in vdl-int.k that look like this:

    task:transfer(srcprovider=provider,
srchost=srchost, srcfile=filename,
                                                srcdir=srcdir,
desthost=host, destdir=destdir)
                                        )

You can put a different destdir in there, based on (for example) some hash
of the filename. Simialrly hash the filenames when they are passed as
inputs to wrapper.sh in the vdl:execute line in vdl-int.k