[Swift-devel] Re: [Swift-user] what is wrong with restart5.swift?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue May 27 15:47:00 CDT 2008

The restart stuff manages to continue to draw my attention.

If you assume that VDLFunction.getThreadPrefix returns a string that has
the desirable scope identification properties that I talked about if run
in the same place, then:

Do this in New to give each dataset its scoped identifier

 mapping.put("swift#restartid", getThreadPrefix(stack) + ":" + dbgname)

and replace the (pre-r1985) use of dbgname with swift#restartid.

That gives scoped variable-based restarts (rather than file based) that
appear to work.