[Swift-devel] gram4 detecting own host identity

Martin Feller feller at mcs.anl.gov
Sun May 18 16:47:01 CDT 2008

Ben:

I assume you mean the NotificationConsumer in the context of a subscription for job status
notifications, which is created on the client-side and used in a job submission to Gram4 to
create a subscription resource, right?
How is the NotificationConsumer with the defective address created on the client-side:
using Gram4's GramJob, or by other means?

I think in any event it goes down to Java WS Core, since it's there where the address
of the NotificationConsumer is generated.
(NotificationConsumerManager.createNotificationConsumer() ->
 ClientNotificationConsumerManager.getURL() -> ServiceContainer.getURL()
 and finally the host seems to come from ServiceHost.getHost())
Gram4 does not set addresses in endpoints of NotificationConsumers itself.

Maybe Rachana can shed some light on this, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Does setting GLOBUS_HOSTNAME solve the issue? I know, you mentioned that you think
this complicates the matter, but for debugging ...

Is this 4.0 or upcoming 4.2 specific, or do you experience that problem for both?

Martin