[Swift-devel] provider-condor

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue May 13 08:13:02 CDT 2008

On Tue, 6 May 2008, Ben Clifford wrote:

> I spent a few minutes seeing if provider-condor would work with swift
> out-of-the-box. It doesn't.

But for the most part, it does now.

The previous problem turned out to not be directly related to the condor
provider and has been fixed elsewhere in the stack.

The provider gets confused by quotes and spaces in arguments, but runs
other site tests OK on fletch.bsd.uchicago.edu.

This probably can be useful in two situations:

i) with cog coasters, where it will provide a way to submit per-node
workers without having to go back through GRAM, on clusters which use
Condor as their LRM (eg lots of the Open Science Grid)

ii) running on a login node of a condor-based cluster without using GRAM

(so very much the same situations as provider-pbs is/could be used)

I've added a build option -Dwith-provider-condor=true to enable compiling
of provider-condor (though it probably could go in by default) (swift svn
r1960)