[Swift-devel] provider-condor

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Mon May 12 04:21:50 CDT 2008

When I added an extra layer of exception wrapping to poke at the
GRAM2/Cannot parse the user defined attributes problem, I see a similar
ClassCastException / futurevariablearguments error... mmm temporal
seepage (the trace I see with gram2 is listed at the end of this message
after the quote)

> I spent a few minutes seeing if provider-condor would work with swift
> out-of-the-box. It doesn't. No real high priority need, but I thought it
> might be interesting to know if it works or not.
>
> Caused by:
>         org.globus.cog.karajan.workflow.futures.FutureVariableArguments
> Caused by:
>         java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.globus.cog.karajan.workflow.futures.FutureVariableArguments
>         at
> org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.condor.DescriptionFileGenerator.constructDescriptionFile(DescriptionFileGenerator.java:90)
>         at
> org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.condor.DescriptionFileGenerator.generate(DescriptionFileGenerator.java:26)
>         at
> org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.condor.JobSubmissionTaskHandler.run(JobSubmissionTaskHandler.java:96)

Swift svn swift-r1950 (Swift modified locally) cog-r2003 (CoG modified
locally)

RunID: 20080512-1017-yrz2lf16
Progress:
cat started
Progress:  Stage in:1
cat failed
Execution failed:
        Cannot parse the given RSL
Caused by:
        Cannot parse the user defined attributes
Caused by:
        java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.globus.cog.karajan.workflow.futures.FutureVariableArguments
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.gt2.JobSubmissionTaskHandler.prepareSpecification(JobSubmissionTaskHandler.java:424)
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.execution.gt2.JobSubmissionTaskHandler.submit(JobSubmissionTaskHandler.java:90)
        at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.AbstractTaskHandler.submit(AbstractTaskHandler.java:54)
        at
org.globus.cog.karajan.scheduler.submitQueue.NonBlockingSubmit.run(NonBlockingSubmit.java:86)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:431)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:643)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:668)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)